At the moment, I’m working with a QA company to find and fix bugs, and I’m also working on optimizing the game’s framerate.
In the past couple of weeks, I’ve improved and implemented a couple of features. First, the interaction wheel has been updated. A few weeks back I asked you guys which UI scheme worked best out of these four:
A,B and D were tied, with many saying the colors were good for accessibility reasons, and the colors in option C were possibly the easiest to read and most aesthetically pleasing.
At the same time, many people in the feedback for demo asked for mouse support to be added to the game, as controlling through the keyboard turned out to be clunky.
So I decided to combine all the options above! The game can now played with keyboard+mouse, and the base color options are those of category C, while highlighting an option with the mouse turns them into a variant of option D. Aesthetics, accessibility and comfortable controls all in one! :) Here’s a preview:
A quest tracker has also been added to the game, so that players can keep a track of the objectives. The tracker, of course, updates dynamically and keeps up with the tasks you’ve completed and gives a notification for newly added ones as well:
What do you think?
The next few days (or the rest of December) will be spent on fixing bugs and optimizing the game. If all goes well, ideally, January will be spent on marketing, making the trailer and preparing for release!
Having completed the previous tasks of polishing the game and implementing visual improvements, I’ve now started with one of the most important tasks - identifying and fixing bugs! To be honest, chasing issues is tiring, difficult work (more than I’d expected!) but it’s good to see long pending issues finally resolved! :)
Slowly the game is beginning to reach the stage where it can be released to the public (which is a very scary thought lol) I’m midway through the last round of playing through and fixing the bugs by myself, after which I’ll send over the complete game to a QA company for thorough testing.
In between this there are still a couple of things I still need to implement - a simple quest tracker, improved controller support, better saving/ loading, a few dialogue fixes and some other smaller tasks.
If all goes to plan (as it has, thankfully, until now) this should all be done by mid December. After that, I’ll focus on improving the performance and framerate of the game.
That’s it for this time!
Hi, I'm Armaan, the creator of Rainswept and Forgotten Fields. On this blog, I post weekly updates about my games' development (or as often as possible!)